Global branding of a new umbrella brand in the Portuguese consumer goods market. A collaboration of Alexandra Mendes with Sardinha Comunicação to create a brand that started as pitch proposal. A company starting from ground zero, needing everything from a marketing strategy, a global visual identity and a consistent branding and packaging systems. The pitch proposal developed in 2 weeks - concept, naming, logos, packaging - lead to create further on the global branding of Naturar. A project that involved brand strategy, naming, visual identity, signage design, merchandize, packaging and illustration. Naturar as a company will serve the market with 3 other brands: Verde Terra - for fresh vegetables, Veg&Fresh - for packed vegetables and ready to eat salads - and Naturar Expert - for fresh vegetables sold in large quantities to restaurants and hotels.
- Naturar branding
Naturar is a lifestyle made to nurture, care, watch to grow. "Naturar" is a non-word that makes a verb out of making things natural. It's made to reach all the mothers, the primordial grocery shoppers at home, but also the young generations, who have an active, modern, uncomplicated, healthy lifestyle.
The lines are very simple, bi-dimensional, clean shapes, strong color palette. The mood board was filled with retro cool seventies inspired home decors, flower wallpapers and upholsteries, and vintage finel ceramics.
- Naturar logo combines a flower, a lettuce and a sweet heart cabbage.
- Naturar color palette: Aubergine is the representative color of Naturar. A female like color with a strong presence in nature.
- Naturar logo proportions and protection area of usage
- Naturar logo signature on packaging
- Naturar logo signature proportions and protection area of usage
- Naturar wallpaper pattern, used in the factory interiors, stationary, cardboard boxes, fleet cars.
- Naturar Stationary
- Naturar Factory Signage
- Verde Terra
Verde Terra is Naturar fresh products brand, properly framed in the medium price segment, to be sold at competitive prices in commercial surfaces. It has an approachable and non-pretentious quality, so it appeals to a larger target, but still incorporates the clean, simple, modern lines of Naturar.
Verde (green) Terra (land) is a world game, and stands for that truthful feeling of something grown in the mother land, portuguese, trustable, easy going with a traditional touch to modern.
- Verde Terra logo and color palette
- Verde Terra label for packed vegetables
- Verde Terra printed transparent foil to wrap fresh vegetables
- Verde Terra fresh packed vegetables
- Verde Terra printed band for the potato sacks. This pattern will be repeatedly printed in a ban on roll, in a specific machine placed at Naturar factory.
- Verde Terra potato sack
- Verde Terra's line Chef is for premium products within the brand, an higher price level and has more concern in the product selection and packaging (eg: yellow cherry tomatoes).
- Verde Terra Chef packaging
- Naturar logo signage on Verde Terra packaging
veg&fresh is Naturar premium brand, for pre-prepared products ready for consumption. It shows a greater care in aesthetics and package quality. It incorporates the values of the umbrella brand Naturar, and shows aggressiveness for competing on the supermarket shelves, presenting originality and differentiation.
veg refers to the product being sold & fresh stands for the product quality: pre-prepared products ready for consumption. This freshness shows in the design created to communicate this ready to eat brand, which really goes back to the lifestyle of the people who will enjoy it: healthy, light, balanced, modern, urban, cosmopolitan.
veg&fresh has two lines, the line gourmet, a top line which bears the most exclusive and rare products, appropriated to all the chefs at portuguese homes, and the line Bio, for products cultivated organically.
- veg&fresh logo, line Bio and gourmet symbols and color palette
- veg&fresh label, veg&fresh Bio label, veg&fresh gourmet label
- veg&fresh packed veggies
- Packaging layout for veg&fresh packed veggies, salads and soups
- veg&fresh packaging for individual veggies, salad combinations, veggies for soup and basic soup base
- Illustrations for veg&fresh packed veggies.
Three different tops were designed, first one for salads, second one for soup, and third one for potatoes
- veg&fresh ready to eat salads, individual size and family size
- veg&fresh label for ready to eat salads packaging