- July, 2010 / Sr.Qu.Client: Seisgrados & Elisava High school of design.Project: Identity Seisgrados.Idea and design: Raúl Gª Uclés (Sr.Qu.)Description: Final Project for the Posgraduate of Design and Application of the Corporate Identity (Elisava High school of Design - Barcelona). For this final project we start with a real brief. The agency of communication Seisgrados wanted to update his identity of brand and bring it over much more to the current situation of the advertising market.
- Seisgrados is a communications agency specialized in building conversations around a brand that increase consumer consideration to and it makes the end part oftheir lives.To achieve this, the agency use the "branded entertainment", which is nothing to create fascinating stories and experiences that strengthen the brand relationship with consumers.
In addition Seisgrados means the market as a network connected by the own users. In fact, his name was inspired by the famous "Theory of six degrees of separation", a theory that tries to prove that all human beings are connected with us for at most five intermediaries. In other words, connecting all the people on the planet with each other through six degrees of separation or links.
- In the same way as in their projects, the main idea was that the identity of Seisgrados would need the participation of the own users to finally complete itself. It was not to create an identity to launch to the world, but to build their bases and it would be the world who would have just to complete the identity.Thus, the new identity of Seisgrados could only follow a way:Create a brand experience from which that identity is constructed through a dialogue with the own users, something like a participative identity.
- The basis of the new identity took as its starting point the "theory of six degrees of separation" so that the initial symbol is constructed from a hexagonal figure that had formed the figure of the number 6. This symbol is intended to represent the situation of the market today as a network connected by the users themselves and we serve to represent the connections between them in a clean and elegant in the new identity.
- The process of realization of this new identity would consist of 2 phases.The first experiential which ask the user participation, and a second phase which would finish translating that identity from that dialogue.
- This first experiential phase would be the key in the Seisgrados new identity.During this phase, everyone would be able to participate in the new identity through a simple online application. This application was influenced in a graphic form by the "theory of six degrees of separation". The different users only have to select a color and select six points within the initial hexagonal structure, so that each user would complete the branding unit and thus creating its own version for the new logo of Seisgrados.
- The resulting options were many, with the main intention in this experiential phase of collecting all possible combinations by different users. And ater they would be able to vote for the option that they liked.
- In a subsequent second phase, the 6 most voted logos by the users would be those who would lead ultimately to the printed graphic Seisgrados, developing each of their corresponding applications. In the picture above you can see the example of 6 lines of applied identity cards. Participation is a key factor in today's communication and Seisgrados would say so in their own identity.
- THEN SOME OF THE PARTS FOR ONE OF THE SIX POSSIBLE GRAPHIC LINES:
- Three types of letters.
- Stationery for one of the six graphic lines.
- Web screenshots.
- Several examples of signage.
- Some examples of merchandising.
- Agency welcome pack for new employees.
- Internal publication (Blog magazine).
- Other combinations of the main structure.